10 October 2011

tough mudder certified

This weekend I went down to Austin with some co-workers to participate in the Tough Mudder.
Honestly, I wasn't sure if I could finish...but I did...and it was an AMAZING experience...mentally, physically, emotionally.
It was also super fun because I got to see one of my besties Erica and watch the TTU-A&M game with her. Bonus!

IMG_2207
IMG_2208
As we entered TM, we see the chopper landing in case anyone gets hurt bad enough to be life-flighted to Austin (which did happen I heard, unfortunately).
IMG_2210
IMG_2212
Pre-race with my team. Post race. 12 miles and 28 obstacles later.
IMG_2225
IMG_2229
I had to figure out a really easy outfit to put on today. I am so sore. And beat up...as you can see by my busted up elbow and bruise on my arm.
Lastly...as I was running...this guy was with his team on several obstacles near me...this was the MOST inspirational, motivational, amazing thing that kept me going in my head...
Inspired.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is very intense. He is very inspiring! Great job, Lyd!!

    ReplyDelete